Finally time for a new design! I spend most of my time making and remaking the same designs, so it's a rare occasion that I get to try something new. I've had this particular pillow design on my mind for the last few months, since I made one for my bed back in January, when I had a bit of spare warp on my loom.
Pillow weaving in progress in hunter green. After weaving, I removed the fabric from the loom, washed and dried it to preshrink, and sewed a hidden YKK zipper inside. The pillow insert can be quickly removed and the pillow cover can be thrown right in the washer and dryer for easy cleaning.
Finished pillows on display at the Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts, in State College, PA last week! I really love how they came out, but I'm already coming up for improvements for my next batch. I also have a few new designs that I can't wait to try out, so stay tuned for lots more pillows!